Senior FX Artist
Senior FX Artist – Milk France
Senior FX Artist
Milk is an award-winning, independent visual effects company based in multiple locations in the UK and Europe. We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched ten years ago because of our excellent working environment and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business.
We are looking to hire experienced VFX artists for our talented team in Bordeaux. The primary duties of the FX artists are to build FX assets and produce an array of naturalistic physical or magical phenomena such as fire, water, clouds, smoke, physical destruction, and particle set-ups and simulations on 3D projects.
You will be responsible for implementing these setups and simulations on specific shots and sequences and providing the Lighting department with both test and final renders of the elements, ensuring the output meets the desired quality/budget targets set by the Studio for the 3D projects. Troubleshooting technical problems when required is also a primary responsibility of an FX artist. The FX Artist should actively look to contribute to the general progression of the studio’s FX pipeline.
- Design and create realistic and stylised FX using Houdini FX. Including volumetric, particles, rigid bodies, vegetation, and procedural animation amongst other simulation types for any kind of 3D project.
- Implementing FX tools into shots or supporting other artists to implement your FX assets into shots.
- Take responsibility for producing the final look of FX sequences, including applying lighting and shaders as well as integration with other CG elements when necessary.
- Responsible for handing over your work to the Lightning team. Following the FX pipeline. Now and then required to create tools, utility scripts and digital assets to streamline the hand-over pipeline.
- Produce reviewable composites of all FX elements for a shot as well as final comps (as required).
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini FX
- A thorough understanding of the techniques and technologies relating to FX simulation and procedural animation
- A working knowledge of at least one Compositing software, preferably Nuke and solid understanding of the Compositing process
- Ability to integrate into existing pipeline infrastructure
- Ability to support yourself, other artists and take the initiative Experience rendering with Houdini using Mantra