Job Title: Junior/Mid 3D Animator
A 3D animator is a creative professional who creates animation sequences using computer software and technology. They are responsible for bringing characters, creatures, and objects to life in a digital environment.
The junior animator works closely with the senior animators and animation lead to ensure that the animation meets the project’s creative and technical standards. They may also be involved in supporting senior animators and collaborating with other departments such as design, rigging, and special effects.
The mid-level animator is responsible for creating high-quality animations, often working on complex sequences and characters. They may also be involved in mentoring junior animators and collaborating with the animation lead and senior animators to ensure the animation meets the project’s creative and technical standards.
- Developing and creating animations: The animator is responsible for creating animations based on the project’s storyboard, script, or client specifications. They use 3D animation software to build, pose, and animate characters, creatures, and objects.
- Working with storyboard artists and directors: The animator must work closely with storyboard artists and directors to ensure that their animations match the intended style, tone, and feel of the project.
- Designing and testing animations: The animator must also be responsible for designing and testing animations to ensure that they work as intended, and that they meet the project’s quality standards.
- Collaborating with other team members: The animator must also work with other team members such as modelers, riggers, and special effects artists to create a seamless and cohesive final product.
- Staying current with industry trends and advancements: The animator must stay current with industry trends and advancements to ensure that their work is of the highest quality and that they are using the latest software and techniques.
- A strong understanding of animation principles and techniques
- Experience using 3D animation software such as Autodesk Maya, Blender, or 3DS Max however Maya is preferred as that is what we use at Milk
- A strong portfolio that showcases the animator’s skills and abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Communication skills and the ability to take direction and constructive criticism