Job Title: Intern FX Artist
Milk is an award-winning, independent visual effects company based in multiple locations in the UK and Europe. We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched ten years ago because of our excellent working environment and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business.
We are looking to hire an Intern FX Artist to join our talented Barcelona team. The primary duties of the FX artists are to build FX assets and produce an array of naturalistic physical or magical phenomena such as fire, water, clouds, smoke, physical destruction, and particle set-ups and simulations on 3D projects.
- Design and create realistic and stylised FX using Houdini FX. Including volumetric, particles, rigid bodies, vegetation, and procedural animation amongst other simulation types for any kind of 3D project.
- Knowledge of Houdini FX ideal
- Understanding of the techniques and technologies relating to FX simulation and procedural animation
- Excellent problem-solving skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Communication skills and the ability to take direction and constructive criticism