Job Title: Creature Animators
Milk is an award-winning, independent visual effects studio based in London, Bordeaux and Barcelona. We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched nine years ago because of our excellent working environment, and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business.
- Animate shots from blocking through final animation, working under the supervision of the Animation Supervisor, VFX Supervisor and Creative Director
- Understanding creature/animal body mechanics to bring reality to your animation
- Able to animate bipeds, quadrupeds and swimming creatures
- Maintain a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work
- Work with the Animation Team to ensure ongoing communication with production regarding progress towards the schedule
- Overall responsibility for meeting show milestones and deadlines
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technologies
- A thorough knowledge of Maya.
- Must have previous experience with quadrupedal animation.
- Strong creature animation and understanding of mechanics essential.
- A strong grasp of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form.
- An understanding of rigs and typical rigging set-ups, animation pipelines and transferring data between tools.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own.
- A commitment to creative collaboration within a team and with other departments.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Reliable, with good timekeeping and the ability to meet deadlines.