Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely) and we have ambitious and exciting plans to grow our business.
Our DMP department is looking for an experienced Environment TD to become part of the team, producing work of the calibre that Milk is recognised for.
- Assembling models, digital matte paintings, textures, projections and lights into a CG scene for rendering.
- Creating models, textures and photo-realistic digital matte paintings or collaborating with specialists in those disciplines as required.
- Troubleshooting technical issues with the CG scene and optimising the renders to work within the resources available.
- Working with a shot Compositor to assemble renders and projections in a compositing application.
- Working to develop the look of a shot, assets or sequence with the Visual Effects and CG Supervisors.
- Lighting and scene assembly for other shots or assets as required, including characters and animation.
- Identifying the best approach for matching the quality of the plate photography.
- Communicating with production on a regular basis in regards to schedules and deadlines.
- Working in a partnership with other departments to ensure that shots are delivered to the highest possible standard.
- Previous experience working in a VFX pipeline.
- Strong knowledge of Maya, Nuke and Photoshop
- Experience modelling, texturing, layout, lighting and digital matte painting for high-end broadcast or feature film projects.
- Thorough understanding of 3D and 2.5D VFX processes and production pipelines.
- Experience with Mari or Substance
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Proven experience developing photo-real environments.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to take direction well and work as part of a team.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality results.
- Must have a strong passion for good coffee / tea
- Enjoys chats about films/television/games/music
- Owning a cute pet isn’t a must but would definitely help.
- Must enjoy the occasional laugh during the hectic stressful times and enjoy sharing a good meme or three.
Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely). We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched eight years ago because of our excellent working environment, and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow in. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business.
Interested? Please fill out an application form by clicking here. and we’ll be in touch.