We’re looking for experienced, enthusiastic VFX Bidding Producers to join our team.
The Bidding Producer is a central role in the team that is responsible for sourcing new business and winning work for the company. Producing detailed bid packages to send to our clients, this work requires an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the entire VFX workflow, as well as previous experience of working on live projects through to completion and contributing to a commercial view on a project-by-project basis.
This role reports to the CEO and the Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO)
- Work closely with the VFX Supervisors, CBDO and Head of Departments to develop a coherent, creative and technical pitch approach to bidding.
- Study and analyze scripts, produce VFX breakdowns, and quantify the work required, working across multiple potential projects in parallel to formulate ball-park and accurate bids.
- Follow up bids systematically and proactively with clients and collaborate with senior colleagues to convert the bids into awards.
- Attend all client meetings in order to develop and maintain client relationships as appropriate.
- Build and maintain good relationships with key colleagues to meet business needs and requirements.
- Work with other executives in the business development and marketing area to provide a regular report to the CBDO, CEO and New Business Development Forum of bidding activities (including any project losses), leads and future leads using the Milk Bidding and Sales pipeline schedule.
- Flag any issues that may arise and cause significant issues for the company or client.
- Work closely with the Chief Business Development Officer and be a key contact for new clients.
- Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive set of notes on each project and effecting a clean handover to Producers once awarded.
- Create a training programme for bidding as and when needed.
- Develop strategies for new business with the Chief Business Development Officer and marketing.
- Work closely with PR and discuss project wins for all socials including LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
- Substantial experience as a VFX Producer with proven capability in providing detailed and accurate bids.
Have an excellent understanding of industry cost structures and contribute opinion in commercial decisions.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- A commercial mind, with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to build rapport with new contacts; experience in building effective working relationships and communicating with clients.
- High-level knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of financial considerations.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in a Bidding Producer role for VFX.
- Client base/contacts within the VFX market and the film and TV industry as a whole
- Knowledge of FileMaker.
- Passionate about film and episodic television
- Smart, and detail-oriented
- Organized, pro-active and a self-starter
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering to short deadlines
- Analytical, logical and methodical in your approach
- Strategic thinker, prepared and open to reviewing established bidding processes to create a new model
- A strong, clear communicator and effective negotiator
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative mindset
- A positive, can-do attitude.
Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely). We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched eight years ago because of our excellent working environment, and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow in. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business. We can offer great opportunities to the right person, including being a part of shaping Milk into the future and being rewarded creatively and commercially in line with the growth of the business.
Interested? To apply please fill out an application form by clicking here.