Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely) and has ambitious and exciting plans to grow its business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Milk as a permanent member of the team, reporting to the Head of Animation. Working closely with teammates, you will animate everything from creatures and characters to hard surface models and assets producing the motions for high-end television and film.
- Working closely with the Head of animation and Supervisor to produce high-quality animation which creates compelling, story-driven and action-packed moments that fit within the style and pacing of the show.
- Animating both primary and secondary characters and elements.
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines.
- Ongoing communication with Production and Lead regarding schedules and deadlines.
- Working efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots.
- Submitting shots for review and follow through with notes and feedback if required.
- Continuing to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- A thorough knowledge of Maya.
- An understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form.
- An understanding of rigs and typical rigging set-ups, animation pipelines and transferring data between tools.
- The proven ability to work under pressure.
- Being open to direction and able to embrace change.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliable, with good time keeping and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to creative collaboration within a team and with other departments.
- Adaptability and the willingness to learn new processes and technical skills.
Nice to Have:
- A working knowledge of Modeling, Rigging and Mel/Python scripting.
- A traditional animation and/or art background.
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills.
- Must have a strong passion for good coffee / tea
- Enjoys occasional chats about films/television/games/music
- Owning a cute pet isn’t a must but would definitely help.
- Must enjoy the occasional laugh during the hectic stressful times and enjoy sharing a good meme or three.
Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely). We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched eight years ago because of our excellent working environment, and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow in. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business.
To apply, please fill out an application form by clicking here.