Milk is an award-winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely) and we have ambitious and exciting plans to grow our business.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in being involved in a creative environment and to take on a high profile role where you will make a real impact on a successful, technology-driven company.
Milk VFX are growing and revamping their Systems, Pipeline and R&D technologies and are looking for an enterprising self-starter who is interested in helping coordinate activities in these areas and beyond. Part of the role is project management – working with the teams on schedules and deliverables. Another part of the role is product management – helping guide the conversation between production and technology while also looking at the big picture and our larger production toolset roadmap.
You’ll be empowered to make technology choices and will set the standards on best practice, partnering with stakeholders across the business whilst working closely with the Heads of the Technology teams.
Do you think you will enjoy working with a small team that has a passion for using future technology? Then become a part of a team that helps support each other and help us grow and create some of the best visual effects in the industry.
This is an ideal opportunity for a self-starter who welcomes challenges, can adapt quickly to a demanding environment and is looking to make their mark working alongside some of the loveliest people in the industry.
- Ability to assess opportunities and perform a methodical cost-benefit analysis
- Set and manage timelines and priorities across the Systems, Pipeline and R&D teams
- When needed, applying project management skills to other domains – eg. Business Strategy and Operations
- Apply rigorous risk management analysis to ensure expectations are in line with deliverables
- Instil a Product Management mindset around tool development
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including status reports and meeting updates
- Ensure that delivered results are consistent with production needs and schedules
- Coordinate RnD tax credit and research grant funding proposals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal negotiation skills
- Project management experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience managing multiple projects
Nice to have:
- Ideally experience in a Visual Effects development and/or production environment
- Familiarity with architecture and design principles
- Self-motivated, flexible and reliable problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail: can author clearly written proposals and provide concise, verbal descriptions of key activities
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines as part of a team
- Autonomous, resourceful, positive and calm in a production-oriented environment
Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely). We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched nine years ago because of our excellent working environment, and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow in. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business.
Interested? Please fill out an application form by clicking here. and we’ll be in touch.