Job Title: Senior 3D Animator
A 3D animator is a creative professional who creates animation sequences using computer software and technology. They are responsible for bringing characters, creatures, and objects to life in a digital environment.
The senior animator is responsible for creating complex and detailed animation sequences, often working on characters, creatures, or objects that are central to the story or the project. They are expected to have a strong understanding of animation principles, techniques, and software, and to be able to produce high-quality work quickly and efficiently.
- Developing and creating animations: The animator is responsible for creating animations based on the project’s storyboard, script, or client specifications. They use 3D animation software to build, pose, and animate characters, creatures, and objects.
- Working with storyboard artists and directors: The animator must work closely with storyboard artists and directors to ensure that their animations match the intended style, tone, and feel of the project.
- Designing and testing animations: The animator must also be responsible for designing and testing animations to ensure that they work as intended, and that they meet the project’s quality standards.
- Collaborating with other team members: The animator must also work with other team members such as modelers, riggers, and special effects artists to create a seamless and cohesive final product.
- Staying current with industry trends and advancements: The animator must stay current with industry trends and advancements to ensure that their work is of the highest quality and that they are using the latest software and techniques.
- Senior animators often serve as mentors to junior animators and may be involved in the hiring and training of new animators.
- A strong understanding of animation principles and techniques.
- Experience using 3D animation software such as Autodesk Maya, Blender, or 3DS Max however Maya is preferred as that is what we use at Milk.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates their animation skills and expertise.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Communication skills and the ability to take direction and constructive criticism.