Looking to join the team here at Milk? We have an exciting opportunity for a Previz/Layout artist to come on board and help produce high end visuals for an exciting TV show. The ideal candidates will have 3+ years with a background in previz / layout in feature film / episodic television or similar role.
- The artist will work closely with the VFX Supervisor to create shot composition, staging, lighting, camera movement, lens choice and framing.
- Previous Maya animation experience with a strong eye for layout, staging, blocking, timing and animation of 3D assets.
- A background with real world camera knowledge as your work will be fundamental for the shoot.
- A good eye for composition, timing and storytelling
- The ability to animate a variety of assets, from rigid bodes to realistic digi-doubles, props and cameras
- A good knowledge of cinematic language, camera terminology, composition and layout in a 3d environment
- Experience working with mocap
- Ability to take direction, listen and report daily to supervisors and vfx leads.
- Highly adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work closely with leads and supervisors to produce high quality content
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Nice to have
- Experience working with Shotgrid
- Knowledge and experience in Editing
- An understanding of Lighting techniques
- An interest & experience in photography
- Experience of unreal Engine or other real-time rendering softwares
- Passionate about film and episodic television
- Organized, pro-active and a self-starter
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering to short deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude.
Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely). We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched eight years ago because of our excellent working environment, and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow in. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business. We can offer great opportunities to the right person, including being a part of shaping Milk into the future and being rewarded creatively and commercially in line with the growth of the business.