We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in being involved in a creative environment and can have a real impact on a successful, technology-driven company.
The Render Support department monitors and manages the physical render farm cluster and the software (Deadline) which the render farm runs, ensuring high availability of resources 24/7. As a Render Wrangler, you will be working closely with Systems and Editorial and support the data operations across the company with providing out of hours data support.
- Monitor and report on render jobs for each show
- Monitor, track and report render resource usage for each project
- Balance multiple shows resource needs within the Company’s physical capacity
- Identify render errors and fix/escalate to the relevant department
- Liaise with TDs regarding possible render optimisation
- Assist with data operations requests
- Monitor disk/data usage out of hours to ensure the availability of disk resources
- Excellent communication skills
- Fundamental understanding of visual effects and computer graphics concepts and terminology
- Experience with Maya, Renderman, Nuke, Arnold or Houdini
- Python or shell scripting experience
- Experience with Deadline Render Management System.
- Familiarity with Linux
More about us
We have a lively, friendly team and a great working environment. With the role of Render Support, there will be an implementation of a rota shift for us to be covered all hours of the day and potentially the weekends.
As a young company that is looking to grow dynamically, we have great opportunities to work on new technology and new tools that have an impact on how we move forward into the future. There are many routes to take in progressing your career here; whether it’s in tech or as an artist. You will be a part of shaping Milk VFX.
We are an open-minded company, and any suggestion or question is always valid amongst us as we believe in progressing everyone’s knowledge and development. Milk VFX has employees who have been here since the very beginning almost seven years ago because of the excellent working environment and the incredible work that we have produced in the past and present. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to thrive in.
To apply, please fill out an application form by clicking here.