The Render Support department monitors and manages the physical render farm cluster and the software which the render farm runs ensuring high availability of resources 24/7. The Render Support team also support the Systems department with providing out of hours data support.
- Monitor and report on render jobs for each show.
- Maximizing the render farm’s resources.
- Monitor, track and report render resource usage for each project.
- Ensuring that render jobs are properly prioritized in the queue system so that project goals are met while monitoring the render farm’s health and status on a regular basis.
- Communicating with the Production and Systems team on outstanding issues, as well as overall render farm performance and efficiency.
- Balance multiple shows resource needs within the company’s physical capacity.
- Identify render errors and fix/escalate to the relevant department.
- Liaise with TDs regarding possible render optimisation.
- Assist in basic evening Systems support tasks and where required, documenting issues to provide to the Systems team for further escalation.
- Render Wrangler support is typically required after hours and on specific weekends depending on project demands.
- Monitor disk/data usage out of hours to ensure availability of disk resources.
- Help manage data archive and restores when required.
- 4+ years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Deadline is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Fundamental understanding of visual effects and computer graphics concepts and terminology
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with Maya, Renderman, Nuke, Arnold or Houdini
- Understanding of the visual effects production process is beneficial.
- Knowledge of a production management system such as Shotgun is a plus.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like more details, then please send you CV’s to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch!