Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely) and we have ambitious and exciting plans to grow our business.
Our Assets department is looking for an experienced Modeller to become part of the team, producing work of the calibre that Milk is recognised for.
- Creating high-quality hard surface or organic models as briefed for use in production.
- Proactively recommending ongoing pipeline improvements; identifying potential issues and providing solutions.
- Ensuring consistency of UV mapping.
- Communicating with other departments and production in order to ensure that the model meets relevant requirements.
- Working within the defined pipeline.
- Ensuring continuity and supporting other asset departments such as texture, groom and rigging.
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work.
- Implementing improvements/changes to models as required.
- A good working knowledge of Maya.
- Experience with Zbrush and Shotgun.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with facial modelling and FACS blend shapes are a plus
- Strong eye for detail and aesthetic design.
- Efficient with layout of UV’s and awareness of texture requirements.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills; experience working under tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Great work ethic and positive attitude.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and take advice and constructive criticism.
- A demonstrable commitment to creative collaboration within a team and with other departments.
- Adaptability and the willingness to learn new processes and technical skills.
- Must have a strong passion for good coffee / tea
- Enjoys chats about films/television/games/music
- Owning a cute pet isn’t a must but would definitely help.
- Must enjoy the occasional laugh during the hectic stressful times and enjoy sharing a good meme or three.
Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely). We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched eight years ago because of our excellent working environment, and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow in. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business.
Interested? Please fill out an application form by clicking here. and we’ll be in touch!