Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely) and has ambitious and exciting plans to grow its business.
Our FX department is looking for experienced mid/senior level Effects Technical Directors to become part of the team, producing effects of the vast range that Milk is recognised for.
- Creation of photorealistic digital effects, spanning from pyro and oceans to procedural setups and rigid body dynamics for films and series.
- Doing the look-dev of the FX and making sure that what is passing to the following departments is what the artist and the team has envisioned.
- Good knowledge of Houdini, and understanding optimized workflows
- Collaborating with the team to achieve the best possible outcome
- Developing new workflows and improving already existing ones
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Deep understanding of Houdini and the various workflows needed to produce photo real effects.
- Creative and playful mentality in tackling new challenges.
- Strong Vex knowledge, Python knowledge also desirable.
- Previous experience in a VFX environment and understanding the workflow including using pipeline tools.
- Use of nuke for creation of slap comps for quality testing in daily reviews.
- The proven ability to work under pressure.
- Being open to direction and able to embrace change.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliable, with good time keeping and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to creative collaboration within a team and with other departments.
- Adaptability and the willingness to learn new processes and technical skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experienced with Arnold and/or Renderman.
- Crowd in Houdini Knowledge.
- Extra programming knowledge (C/C++. HDK development.
- Must have a strong passion for good coffee / tea
- Enjoys occasional chats about films/television/games/music
- Owning a cute pet isn’t a must but would definitely help.
- Must enjoy the occasional laugh during the hectic stressful times and enjoy sharing a good meme or three.
Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely). We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched eight years ago because of our excellent working environment, and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow in. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business.
If you’d like to apply please fill out an application form by clicking here. and we’ll be in touch!