Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely) and has ambitious and exciting plans to grow its business.
Our tracking department is looking for experienced mid/senior level Tracking & Matchmove artists to become part of the team, producing work of the calibre that Milk is recognised for.
- Creating tracked elements, this will include cameras and/or objects and roto animation that match the original background plate movement
- Accurate placing of static set objects in the scene
- Creating a 3d scene laying out the tracked elements with any assets supplied.
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines
- Good communication skills to be able to work with other departments to supply them with the elements they need
- Working well in a team environment and taking direction from the Lead and Production team.
- An educational background in a related VFX subject
- A good understanding of the basic principles of matchmove and of photography and the effects of different lenses through the camera and of different camera format, spherical and anamorphic
- Good knowledge in Maya and 3d equalizer
- Good communication and team working skills
- The ability to efficiently meet deadlines and take advice and constructive criticism
- To be able to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Attention to detail
- Reliable, with good time keeping and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrable commitment to creative collaboration within a team and with other departments.
- Adaptability and the willingness to learn new processes and technical skills.
Senior – Senior Matchmove artist, along with all the above, would be expected to be able to assist the HOD lead a show or sequence, manage shots and be able to troubleshoot and find solutions for the most difficult shot work. Have full understanding of all camera formats and be able to advise the junior team on tracking methodology. Be fully competent in 3de and the latest techniques and technologies and to offer suitable pipe suggestions to support the workflow. I would expect any senior to have roto animation skills on top of object and camera tracking. Be competent with anamorphic lenses, have some knowledge of Nuke and python.
Mid – Mid level artists would be expected to have sound knowledge of most camera formats and working practices within tracking, have an understanding of anamorphic and spherical differences and be able to handle tricky camera moves and distortion issues. Some roto animation skill is appreciated but must be proficient in camera and object tracking.
- Must have a strong passion for good coffee / tea
- Enjoys occasional chats about films/television/games/music
- Owning a cute pet isn’t a must but would definitely help.
- Must enjoy the occasional laugh during the hectic stressful times and enjoy sharing a good meme or three.
Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely). We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched eight years ago because of our excellent working environment, and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow in. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business.
If you’d like to apply please fill out an application form by clicking here. and we’ll be in touch!