The Head of 3D oversees CG workflow, and overall creative success of the 3D department.
Head of 3D Duties:
- Proactively anticipate issues with existing workflow, technology and staffing, and present solutions to management with sufficient time for action to be taken.
- Suggest efficient techniques to keep bids competitive and minimize unnecessary production needs and labour.
- Collaborate with 3D pipeline developers on tools and procedures.
- Prepare and document workflows and best practices, organizing them to be readily accessible to staff via the wiki.
- Works with Production to ensure department resources are balanced across all projects.
- Assist with balancing workload and assignments with artists’ creative strengths to provide clients with the best possible result.
- Coordinate with Production to manage artists and ensure consistent high quality of work from the 3D teams.
- Troubleshoot technical issues across 3D departments with Pipeline.
- Participate in breaking down and bidding 3D work for new projects.
- Cultivate a team-oriented approach across the department and company as a whole. Address any interpersonal conflicts promptly and in a collaborative manner.
- Establish and advise on priorities for 3D rendering.
- In collaboration with HR, participate in hiring, onboarding, training, performance reviews and releasing 3D staff.
- Communicate a consistent and compelling picture of the company’s position as a world-class VFX studio to clients and staff.
Required Skills :
- 10+ years in 3D; comfortable leading artists specializing in all areas of 3D.
- Able to perform as a senior CG Generalist in the following areas: animation, modelling, rigging, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, effects, scripting and tracking (or most part thereof)
- Role model in conflict resolution and ability to provide insight into complex situations for the team
- Highly organized individual who enjoys the creative process and managing a department/ team
To apply, please fill out an application form by clicking here.