Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely) and has ambitious and exciting plans to grow our business.
The Chief Business Development Officer is the lead role in the team that is responsible for sourcing new business and winning work in alignment with Milk’s business strategy. This is a senior level appointment and the ideal candidate will represent the company and be the first point of contact for all new business. We are looking for someone who is ambitious, is well networked in the industry, brings new thinking and is proactive. Part of the role will include overseeing and co-ordinating the bidding, marketing, pr & communications functions which will report to the role to ensure an integrated and co-ordinated approach.
The role will work to the CEO and have Board level exposure.
- To work to the CEO and the board to position Milk for growth in a fast developing VFX market
- ensuring a systematic and proactive approach to generating leads and connections with projects, production companies and associated production crew such as VFX Supervisors and Producers
- Collaborating with the CEO, Milk’s VFX Supervisors, the Bidding Producer and other senior talent on a coherent and creative pitch approach to bidding when appropriate
- Ensuring that we communicate regularly with our target market and that they are kept up to date with who we are, what we do
- Creating consistent points of communication with these targets throughout the year, both event driven and otherwise
- Liaising and building relationships with potential clients and maintaining relationships with existing and previous clients.
- Leading the bidding, Marketing, PR & Comms team
- being responsible for our branding, messaging and positioning across all media- website, decks, social, events, press, internal, talent recruitment
- being aware of all upcoming projects/productions where VFX might be required through the use of database systems, networking etc, to filter these and develop plans to engage with these opportunities
- To showcase Milks work and key talent at key industry and market events including providing a bespoke support to senior talent on panels and trade PR
- Attend key industry events in order to target prospective clients
- Generating and responding to opportunities, engaging with bidding processes, negotiations and converting business
- Keeping the senior management updated on all leads, sales and bidding related activities and preparing and updating the leads and new business tracker pipeline
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Analysing and managing new business budgets and financial information.
- Substantial experience as a New Business Director within the Film or VFX Industry and/or a background as a VFX Supervisor or VFX Producer
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience selling creative services.
- Experience in business development.
- A commercial mind, with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to build rapport with new contacts; experience in building effective. working relationships and communicating with clients.
- Excellent people management, communication and organisational skills
- A knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Excel and Filemaker Pro
- Passionate about film and episodic television
- A proven leader with the ability to motivate and lead a team with enthusiasm and clarity
- Great relationship skills
- Smart, and detail-oriented
- Strategic thinker
- Organized, pro-active and a self-starter
- A collaborative teamworking style
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering to short deadlines
- Analytical, logical and methodical in your approach
- A strong, clear communicator and effective negotiator
- A positive, can-do attitude.
Milk is an award-winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely). We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched eight years ago because of our excellent working environment, and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow in. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business. We can offer great opportunities to the right person, including being a part of shaping Milk into the future and being rewarded creatively and commercially in line with the growth of the business.
Interested? To apply please fill out an application form by clicking here.