Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely) and we have ambitious and exciting plans to grow our business.
Our 3D team is looking for experienced mid/senior level generalist artists to become part of the team, producing work of the calibre that Milk is recognised for.
- Working well in a team environment and taking direction from the Leads, supervisors, the Production team and Head of 3D to achieve desired look and quality.
- Asset creation, including modelling, texturing and look dev.
- Layout of 3D scenes and shot assembly.
- Lighting and basic compositing.
- Working to schedule and delivering work to agreed timelines.
- Working efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots.
- Submitting shots for review and follow through with notes and feedback if required.
- Demonstrable experience of using Mari or Substance Painter in a production environment.
- Experienced and proficient in a Maya and/or Houdini in production environment
- Experience with Arnold
- Experience with Nuke.
- Strong understanding of composition, light and colour.
- Knowledge of rendering techniques and optimisation processes to minimise render times.
- Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks.
- Ability to take direction positively and work well within a team. Strong communication skills are critical as is high attention to detail.
- Reliable, ability to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure;
- Ability to write technical documentation and present your work
- Solid understanding of the production pipelines;
- Adaptability and the willingness to learn new processes and technical skills.
- Relevant degree is not essential, but would be an advantage;
- Minimum of 3 years production experience.
- If candidates do not possess a degree, 5 years production experience is required.
- Knowledge / experience of Shotgun
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of mel and Python
- A traditional animation and/or art background.
- Knowledge of any other rendering software such as Renderman would be useful
- Unreal Engine experience
- Must have a strong passion for good coffee / tea
- Enjoys chats about films/television/games/music
- Owning a cute pet isn’t a must but would definitely help.
- Must enjoy the occasional laugh during the hectic stressful times and enjoy sharing a good meme or three.
Milk is an award winning, independent visual effects studio based in London (and remotely). We create innovative and complex sequences for high-end episodic television and feature films specialising in FX, creatures and environment.
We have a friendly team, offering a collaborative and inclusive working environment; Milk has employees who have been here since we launched eight years ago because of our excellent working environment, and the fantastic work that we have produced. It’s a great mix of creative and technical people, and that makes it an engaging environment to both work and grow in. We are ambitious and have exciting plans to grow our business.
Interested? Please fill out an application form by clicking here. and we’ll be in touch.