Policy brief & purpose
This company policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are required to follow all these rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions, We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with confidentiality and sensitivity.
This coronavirus policy applies to all visitors and contractors to our office(s).
It is important to acknowledge that these protocols and procedures have been put in place to ensure the safety of all of our employees and visitors, and you have both a social and legal responsibility to follow this guidance.
Here, we outline the required actions visitors are obliged to take to protect themselves and our employees from a potential coronavirus infection.
- If you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel poorly, you are not permitted to enter
- If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, you can visit our studio only after you’ve fully recovered, with a doctor’s note confirming your recovery.
- If you have recently returned from areas with a high number of COVID-19 cases (based on CDC announcements), we’ll ask you to not visit our studios for 14 calendar days, and visit only if you are fully asymptomatic.
- If you’ve been in close contact with someone infected by COVID-19, with high chances of being infected yourself, you will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any of our employees during this time.
- Please note that the company reserves the right to refuse entry to any visitors on these grounds
General hygiene rules
- Wash your hands as soon as you arrive at the studio, after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands. You can also use the sanitizers you’ll find around the office;
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately;
- Bags will be provided for the safe disposal of any potentially infectious materials such as tissues;
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected; and
- If you find yourself coughing/sneezing on a regular basis, avoid close physical contact with our employees and please refrain from coming into our studio
Arriving and moving around the studio
- Please observe any one-way and no-entry guidance at all times;
- On arrival to the studio, you will be required to use the hand sanitizer station provided;
- You may be required to have your temperature taken using a contactless infrared thermometer by one of the facilities staff. If your temperature is on or above 37.8 degrees celsius, you may be required to leave the studio per the above policy;
- The use of masks is encouraged where necessary, but is not a firm requirement; and
- All bookshelves and reference materials are currently out of service. Please adhere to the signage at all times.
Use of Kitchens
- You are not permitted to use any kitchen facilities; and
- The supply of teas/coffees/water is temporarily suspended
Use of Bathroom Facilities
- Bathroom facilities are strictly limited to one user at a time;
- Signage on the entrance will denote if the bathroom is in use or not;
- You are responsible for swiping the signage to “occupied” and “vacant” when using the bathroom;
- You must disinfect your hands after touching the toilet signage;
- You are required to follow general hand-washing procedures per the hygiene rules as above;
- When using the toilet, you must wipe the seat down with the provided wipes once finished, and close the lid before flushing;
- Toilets will be inspected and cleaned on a regular basis, but you are encouraged to report any concerns as soon as possible to a member of the facilities team; and
- Shower facilities will be out of service for the foreseeable future.
Use of Screening/Meeting Rooms
- You are asked to strictly observe the capacity limits clearly outlined on the signage of each space;
- In addition to the above, certain storage spaces and enclosed offices will also have their capacity outlined, which you much adhere to at all times;
- When using these spaces, you are required to keep 2 meters apart;
- Some furniture and seating has been removed from the spaces to help enforce the above protocol;
- Wherever possible, you should open windows to allow additional fresh air intake;
- When using the screening rooms, it is required to keep the fresh air intake system on at all times. If you are unsure about how to operate this, please contact a member of the facilities department; and
- Meetings and screenings should be limited to a maximum of 45 minutes. Where the time needs to exceed this, the use of face coverings is advised
Reporting Bio-Hazardous Material
- You should always use the bins provided for disposal of all biohazardous material, including but not limited to face masks, tissues, wipes;
- If you discover potentially infected material that is posing an infection threat you must report it to the facilities team as soon as possible;
- The facilities team have been provided with specific kits to safely dispose of said material in a safe manner; and
- Do not attempt to clean up potential hazardous materials on your own.